Monday, March 11, 2013

Crafty Challenge - Stitch A Shape

Its my turn for another Crafty Challenge over on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum. This week my challenge for you guys is to create a project were you stitch a shape on it somewhere. I absolutely LOVE stitching. I stitch on everything that I create. Sometimes its just a small amounts and other times its all over the place.


I did a couple different techniques for this layout. In the photo above you will see an accordion folded bolder. I love this technique because it adds some dimension to the layout once it is finished. One other thing I did on this layout that I don't usually do is I used water paint to create splats on my background. I thought this was very appropriate for the layout because Matt is dirt biking and it symbolizes dirt/mud.


Now onto my favourite part of my layout..the stitching. I cut out a couple different sizes of stars on my Silhouette and then pierced around them to create my stitching template. 


I also created a couple banner pieces to go along the top of my layout to balance it out a little bit.


I really look forward to seeing what you guys create based on my challenge. Make sure once you have created your project to upload it to the  forum and the layout gallery. 

1 comments:

Unknown

Great layout and such a fun challenge! It was nice to scrap wit you on the weekend!